The Center for Innovative Teaching (CFIT) Campus Development Project is an exciting partnership between Barrow Community Foundation, Barrow County Schools, ArtsNow, and community leaders to create an innovative and state-of-the-art learning center for the arts and sciences, as well as a destination park and playground near downtown Winder, GA.
In the spring of 2019, BCF signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the school board to raise $13.5 Million within 3 years, with construction expected to begin in 2021.
Modern, Sustainable Interior and Exterior Design
The Sustainable Design Collaborative of Atlanta chose the Center for Innovative Teaching as its “Project of the Year” and continues to develop both the interior and exterior plans of the complex. In addition, The University of Georgia’s Landscape Design program has chosen CFIT as their summer design project for 2020!
A Place Where Community and Learning Play Together
CFIT will be a place…
Where Arts come into play
Where Learning comes into play
Where Innovation comes into play
Where Community comes into play
Where YOU come into play
– Collectively reinvent the old Russel Middle School property into an innovative community learning hub.
– Build social infrastructure to shape the way that people interact and spend time together.
– Capitalize on our local community’s assets, inspiration, and potential to create a space that will contribute to
people’s health, happiness, and well being.
– Earn Winder & Barrow County the proper recognition as a family-oriented community and arts destination.
– Reinforce the school system’s commitment to being integral to the success and positive growth of the community.
More exterior designs coming soon…