The Center for Innovative Teaching (CFIT) Campus Development Project is an exciting fundraising effort led by the Barrow Community Foundation, in with partnership with Barrow County Schools, ArtsNow, and community leaders to create an innovative and state-of-the-art community center for teaching and learning, as well as a destination park and playground near downtown Winder, GA.
In the spring of 2019, BCF began the planning process for the campus and signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Barrow County School Board to raise $13.5 Million within 3 years, with campus construction expected to begin in 2023.
CFIT Development Strategic Planning Task Force
A strategic task force of business, government and community leaders have been working diligently with BCF to finalize a 5-year strategic plan for the CFIT Campus Development Project. BCF has also enlisted the help of First Community Development, a consulting group who has successfully raised funds for many large projects around Atlanta. We’re excited about the progress of the plan and we anticipate beginning the final fundraising phase of the project in the Spring of 2021.
Modern, Sustainable Interior and Exterior Design
The Sustainable Design Collaborative of Atlanta chose the Center for Innovative Teaching as its “Project of the Year” and continues to develop both the interior and exterior plans of the complex. In addition, The University of Georgia’s Landscape Design program has chosen CFIT as their summer design project for 2020!
A Place Where Community and Learning Play Together
CFIT will be a place…
Where Arts come into play
Where Learning comes into play
Where Innovation comes into play
Where Community comes into play
Where YOU come into play
– Collectively reinvent the old Russell Middle School property into an innovative community learning hub.
– Build social infrastructure to shape the way that people interact and spend time together.
– Capitalize on our local community’s assets, inspiration, and potential to create a space that will contribute to
people’s health, happiness, and well being.
– Earn Winder & Barrow County the proper recognition as a family-oriented community and arts destination.
– Reinforce the school system’s commitment to being integral to the success and positive growth of the community.
Please note: The following designs are illustrative in nature and may vary slightly from the final project.
More exterior designs coming soon…
The City of Winder is planning a sidewalk connection with the CFIT Campus Development.
This would provide key access from the CFIT park to downtown Winder shops and restaurants.